AZURE BACKUP: THE ENTERPRISE-CLASS BACKUP SOLUTIONWednesday, July 27, 2022
Azure service that provides secure and zero-infrastructure backup solutions for all Azure managed data assets.
- Manage and monitor your entire back-up estate from a central console with Back-up centre.
- Stay compliant by enforcing back-ups at scale with Azure Policy.
- Audit and analyse back-up data using the historical data and patterns shown in Back-up reports.
- Use APIs, PowerShell, and Azure CLI to automate back-up policy and security configurations.
- Export cloud back-up data to your own monitoring systems in a secure and performant manner.
- Grant fine-grained access to users for specific back-up operations using role-based access control (RBAC).
- Prevent accidental data loss by retaining back-ups for 14 days after deletion with soft delete.
- Protect data against ransomware attacks by enabling multiple-user authentication as an additional layer of authorisation for critical operations.
- Fully control how to protect and access your data with customer-managed keys that use 256-bit AES encryption.
- Enable secure transfer of back-ups to Azure Back-up storage with private endpoints.
- Ensure availability with zone- and geo-redundant storage and the ability to restore back-ups from a paired region at any time.
- Eliminate extra costs of additional back-up infrastructure and overhead for scaling and managing storage.
- Optimise back-up cost with patterns and insights under Back-up reports to right-size your back-up storage.
- Send recovery points to the archive tier for significant savings in storage costs and compliance with your long-term retention needs.
- Selectively back-up disks within an Azure Virtual Machine to customise your back-up solution and reduce storage costs.
- Estimate precise costs with the Back-up pricing estimator.
DIVERSE WORKLOAD SUPPORT
- Back up all your infrastructure, databases, and storage workloads with ease from a central location.
- Get application-consistent snapshots of Azure Virtual Machines running on both Windows and Linux.
- Protect mission-critical infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) databases such as SQL Server and SAP HANA in Azure Virtual Machines as well as Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
- Generate agentless crash-consistent snapshots of Azure Disks.
- Safeguard against data loss with Azure Files and Azure Blob Storage.